Earlier this year, Rotorcorp committed $3.5M to secure the production slots of more than 18 Lycoming factory O-540 and IO-540 engines with deliveries beginning in February 2024 and a total of 60 engines delivering through the end of 2025. If your R44 is coming due for overhaul during this window, the time to start planning is now.
Rotorcorp is pleased to announce the launch of our dedicated Engine and Overhaul Kit Reservation Program designed for Robinson R44 operators approaching 2200/2400 hours. Moving into 2024, it is likely that long and unpredictable manufacturer lead times for airframe kits and engines will continue to be a wildcard for Robinson owners. The new reality is that this means more waiting and guesswork for delivery of your mission-critical overhaul components.
Waiting is expensive and frustrating; reshuffling your aircraft utilization (again) to accommodate continued maintenance delays is just not sustainable. Planning ahead means paying up front for parts that you might not see for months- stretching budgets and choking cash flow.
With our managed approach, Rotorcorp stands in line for you- our customer. Not only do we handle the wait, but you get hassle-free, cost-effective and on-time delivery of your helicopter parts anywhere in the world!
How Does the Program Work?
- You select the desired engine and target delivery date from our listing of available positions. You make payment of a small refundable deposit, sign a reservation agreement to purchase the engine and overhaul kit from Rotorcorp, then we take care of the rest!
- Rotorcorp continuously monitors lead times for your specific overhaul kit with Robinson (currently 26-28 weeks), and at the appropriate time, we inform you when the order for your kit needs to be placed to coincide with delivery of your reserved engine position.
- We’ll work with you to prepare a detailed quote for the appropriate overhaul kit configured to your specific ship along with any other provisions needed to complete 2200 hour service. Your quote will reflect our highest “Group Order” discount tier, ensuring competitive pricing.
- If you like what you see, then we’ll ask you to submit payment for the first 50% of the order total (less the deposit amount). In the event you’re not satisfied with your quote, or circumstances have changed, then we simply refund your entire engine deposit with no questions asked and no further obligation from you.
- At this point, the initial deposit and first payment become non-refundable and you’re committing to make the final 50% payment at the agreed time- currently about 3-4 months from when the overhaul kit order is submitted. We regularly communicate with Lycoming and Robinson to address any developments that may delay delivery and provide you with regular progress update on your order.
- As the delivery date for your engine and kit provisions approaches, someone from the Rotorcorp shipping desk will reach out to begin arranging shipping, 8130 inspection and other handling details. We’ll be happy to provide shipping options for you, or you can make arrangements for your own carrier to make pickup from either our Atlanta or Los Angeles facilities.